Happy 4th of July!
What is my favorite thing about moving to Georgia? How about a small town 4th of July celebration? Okay. Nothing has ever compared to the Ridgefield 4th celebration in WA, but still, this one has plenty of small-town flavor. We hung out at the park a good 5 minutes from our house, ate from food trucks and slid down inflatables. They had a fun band playing and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just Sugar Hillians (that works.) in the mix. When dusk came, they had a nice big firework show, and the weather behaved perfectly by blowing all the smoke out behind us. So considerate. The only strange thing was that the big celebration was on the 3rd...not the 4th. I guess everyone wanted to do their own fireworks on the 4th? I don't really get that.
Our crew.
Emmett hardly made it through 5 minutes of the show. I'll never know how I have children who can sleep through fireworks!
The celebration continued on the 4th. We had a great BBQ put on by Rob.
Robert was extra pleased with the no-restriction rule for home fireworks. He started us out with about a million sparklers...
Goof.
Hermione Granger.
Ethan was laughing at this picture because he didn't realize that he was posing with a burnt out sparkler until the last second.
So, Austin shared on of his. Nice brother.
Then came the real show. I wasn't able to really catch show as much as I was able to catch the showman. Just look at that smile.
I'm pretty sure this isn't safe...
No injuries *sigh* and the show went on.
During our fireworks show, we had background music put on by the local wildlife. The loudest noise seemed to be right under the tree we were by. My first instinct was to move away from the tree and Robert's first instinct was to find and capture the critter making the noise.
Look at the size of this...cricket? Locus? Vampire, blood-sucking insect of death? All I know is...I wasn't going to touch it. Jason, however, was completely fascinated. His daddy is the coolest daddy on the block.

























1 comment:
Loved the photos. Mom
Post a Comment