Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Happy 9th Birthday Emmett!

My little baby refuses to stay little.  I don't like it.  Wasn't it just yesterday that he was this little, white-blond, toddler running around the house?  Emmett has always been so articulate, that it has been easy to think that he is older than he really is.  But, the child is still in the single digits...for one more year.  

Emmett has handled the change from Georgia to West Virginia a lot better than I thought he would.  I know that he had really found his place at Robert's elementary, and going to new places and meeting new friends has never been something that comes easily for him.  However, this year he has met some good friends and seems to enjoy his time at school.  

And I enjoy his precocious nature.  He is always saying witty things and, when the time is right for him, he is willing to give a lot of hugs and cuddles.  I sure do love my Emmett-Boy.

Birthday breakfast.  (crepes, of course)



Grandma, Grandpa and Tonnette joined us for the blowing out of the candles.




And present time.





Happy Birthday Emmett!

 

No comments: