Monday, October 23, 2023

 April 2023

One day during the week, we stole Jojo from school, and Lora and I took the boys to the crocodile swamp.  I didn't think it sounded particularly safe to canoe a million miles down a river filled with crocodiles, but Lora assured me that it was quite safe.   Or at least, mostly safe.

With that assurance, we threw caution to the wind, jumped into our canoes and started paddling.










It's hard to see, but there was a crocodiles bathing in the sun in that green mossy area.


Now, if paddling in a crocodile infested river wasn't brazen enough, when we got back to the park, we found a lovely swim cove where Lora promised us that she had never seen a crocodile traverse.  I figured that if we kept a few dozen of swimmers between us and the opening of the cove...we'd at least get out of the river before those crocodiles made it through the buffet of other swimmers.





Over all, it was a really fun, and slightly scary day.  We enjoyed every minute of it.  (except...I must admit, it would have been a little more fun if we would have had a second paddler.  My boys were not only NOT helping me paddle, but I do believe they were actively working against me!) 

No comments: