Jason's Room!
This room was sooo much fun to paint. AND, it also took sooooo much time. I designed and painted each wall, one at a time, although I did have a very basic idea running through my head of how I wanted the room to look. I knew I wanted a simple design where the bunk bed was going to be, so that it wouldn't be completely covered by the beds. I knew I wanted a dragon and a StarGate leading into Emmett's room. That was about it.
I started by drawing my dragon. That took a bit longer than I expected, because everyone draws dragons differently. I wanted him to be the main focal point of the room, so it was important to me that the dragon turned out well.
Once I got the dragon in place, I penciled in the rest of the wall. I was also intent on putting Jason and Emmett into the room, as the whole idea of the room came from the stories I used to tell the boys every night. For years I carried on a continuous story about Kind Jason and King Emmett who ruled Magic Land. They had so many awesome adventures, and a few of the reoccurring character were Alaina, the queen of the fairies, Austin & Ethan, the wizards who lived high up the mountain, in their castle, and, of course, the troublesome brownies.
Here is some of the progress as I went along.
I wasn't quite sure how to paint Alaina, the Queen of Fairies. I kept changing my mind on how I wanted her to look.
And since I'm not really a great people-drawing artist, the proportions were pretty troubling for me. I did end up with something I liked, however.
This picture is a close-up on the treasure I was putting into all the gold. I had a lot of fun thinking of little knick-knacks to include, but my favorite part of the gold, is that I scattered gold glitter throughout it. It really doesn't come out in any picture I've taken, and it also doesn't show up well when I'm on FaceTime, so the only real way to see just how fun it is, is to come and see it in person.
That is an invitation. :)
These little brownies made it in, too.
I enjoyed doing the tree houses...
Although, looking back, I really should have made these guys a lot thicker. You may see the giant's foot leaving the forest here. That is the Mountain Giant, Porter. Since I was around Lora's kids enough, they naturally became integrated into my stories as well. So much so, that I thought that they earned a place in the Magic Land room.
And of course, my main characters can be found riding through their domain.
The next wall was the waterfall. I really wanted all the action of this wall to be above the level of the bunk bed. This holds the castle and you can see a tiny Austin waving from behind the wall. Gary-the-goat also made it in the scene. Gary isn't actually my character, but Austin's. Whenever Austin put the boys to bed, he would tell his own Kind Jason and King Emmett stories, and Gary always had a main part.
The StarGate was a must. I had promised both boys that I would paint a StarGate that would act like a window into each other's room. This first came about since whenever I talked about one of the boy's room, and the cool things that I was going to put into it, the other boy got jealous and wanted to switch all the plans around. After a certain point in time, this got to be upsetting for everyone. To ease both of their worries, I came up with the StarGate idea. A little Magic Land in Emmett's room and a little Space Ship in Jason's.
This corner holds the Troll's mountain. I also needed to have a view of the sea, since the mermaids would often make it into the stories as well.
I spend so many days painting these scenes, and I was always covered with paint. My hair was usually crazy as well, and there may have been a few days where I didn't smell like a bed of roses, but I decided a picture of the hand would suffice.
More dragons!
There is Naomi, Queen of the Mermaids.
And Kind Jojo was out manipulating the weather, as usual. The little girls made it onto Troll Mountain, though you will have to look carefully at the final pictures to see them.
This last corner started to come together.
So here are the final pictures. Walking into Jason's room, you must pass through the Wardrobe into, well, not Narnia, but Magic Land.
Here is the first wall, sans the bunk beds. Some of the pictures will have the furniture in place, and some won't. I was very happy to find blue curtains that matched the water perfectly.
Enjoy.
The End.







.jpg)







.jpg)









.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment