Thursday, October 05, 2006


I looked over the counter into the kitchen this morning to find Ethan pulling out about 6 pieces of bread out of the bread bag. This has been Ethan’s new thing…getting food out when I’m not looking. This morning he’d already pulled out a huge box of fish crackers and managed to pour them all out onto the kitchen floor to the glee of the twins. During the 30 seconds it had taken me to understand what he had done and cross over to the kitchen, all three kids had managed to create a national disaster area. Crackers were crushed under their stampeding feet as they had raced around stuffing their little cheeks full of fish. Their grubby hands were full of crackers and already in reloading position when I started gently discussing the consequences of gorging oneself in a calm and collected manner. Yeah right… I didn’t totally lose it, but they did started picking that mess up pretty quick.

Anyways, knowing what a dressing down the kids had already gotten, I knew that Ethan really wouldn’t want to be caught being naughty again. So I stood back into the hallway and called out, “Ethan. What are you doing?” A split second later two little feet came sprinting around the corner. Ethan looked up and immediately blurted out, “I wasn’t getting any bread!” I was struggling to compose myself being more than slightly amused at his obviously guilt when he looked up quite innocently and whispered, “I love you so much, mama.” What a pill.

No comments: