Reflection Pools
A couple of days ago our house was in its natural state of craziness. The kids had created a new game of dodge ball...the rules are a little vague, but from what I can gather this is how you play. 1. Grab any ball in sight (small toys are discouraged by mama, but usable if she is looking the other way.) 2. Throw them as soon as possible. Aim doesn't matter...just pull back and let go. 3. If you get hit, shake it off and go back to number 1. Yep...I do believe that just about covers it. The results weren't pretty but the kids seemed quite pleased with their new game. Because no one had actually broken anything yet, I was content to let them run wild. Half way through the dishes a quiet but persistent sound of running water gradually broke through the surrounding chaos and peaked my interest. Where was it coming from? Why was it running? Did the plug in the toilet tank not seal? Hmmm...maybe I should check this out. I ducked quickly through the hall stepping over alaina..sprawled out and shaking off the latest dodge ball onslaught. As soon as I opened the bathroom door, I knew something was terribly wrong. It took me a couple of seconds to react to the crazy scene in front of me. Water had filled the toilet base and was gently flowing floor. Our blue bath matt was floating haphazardly on the rising pool. It would have been almost pretty had I been wanting a large fountain in my bathroom.
After a moment of quiet reflection and appreciation of modern bathroom water art I decided that the new fountain was a little too feng shui for my taste. I splashed over to the tank and tried holding up that black balloon thing to stop the water from running. That worked but I couldn't figure out how to stop the flooding long enough to fill the tank back up with water. Every time I tried let go of that balloon to get something to empty the toilet the water would rise up again to resume the flooding process. I called in Ethan who gleefully stomped his way to my side. After sending him off to get a cup he and I started a strange partnership. I would scoop up cups of water and he would throw it into the tub. (I think I could have handled it myself once I had the cup but Ethan was permanently entrenched in the process by that time). the twins started feeling left out and decided to crowd in to add to the commotion. With a little dramatic choreography I was able to keep them at bay with my leg. After enough water was drained we were able have the tank fill up and start the de-flooding process. Ethan was having the time of his life. I've had better days. fortunately we had caught the flood right before it spilled over into the carpet. shew. At least the bathroom floor got a really good cleaning.
Later that night we found a previously full package of diaper wipes...missing all of its wipes.
Wonder what plugged the toilet.
No comments:
Post a Comment