Friday, November 17, 2006

Packing Break

Today is Packing Day. Craziness. Tomorrow is Driving Day...not so crazy b/c all the little ones are strapped down in car seats, or "stuck" as they refer to it. But today has been one little nightmare after another. Two nights ago the twins woke up with high fevers and this morning Ethan woke up with a chest cold. All three have brought crankiness to a whole new level. Which, by the way, has been manageable. Not fun, but not the end of the world. However it has been the little "extra's" of the day have decimated my sanity.

I woke up this morning to Ethan's gigantic, round face directly in front of mine along with his, "Wake up Mama! WAKE UP! UH-OH! OH NO! WAKE UP!" I look over and see that he had decided to crawl into bed with me moments before he wet through his diaper (we haven't figured out the miracle of a dry morning yet.) I heard Robert's words from last night echoing back to me as I started to clean up the mess. "No...we don't need to put him in his big sleeping diapers...he wakes up almost dry everyday. A normal little diaper will work just fine." Hmmm. I guess it is still fine for him, 'cause he's at work and I'm cleaning up the mess. All I'll get out of that guy will be a "oh...I was wrong." But, again, not the end of the world.

The day has been full of packing and feeding kids. I've also been trying to unload all the furniture we got from Craigslist. (From Craigslist thou art and to Craigslit thou shall return :) Austin and Alaina have decided to start potty training, so we've had the usual 15 trips to the bathroom. On one of these trips Austin went his normal 10 gallon pee and before I put on a diaper he decided he had to go again. He's really into standing like a big-boy but can't really reach well, so we've been using my feet as a little booster. We ran back into the bathroom and he struggled to produce. I kept asking him if he was done and he refused to leave, so we kept trying. After a whole lot of nothing in the potty I pulled him back only to discover that there was a whole lot of something smeared on my pants legs and covering the floor. I guess he was done going pee after all. I tried to put him on the toilet which only spread the poo over more surfaces. It was a nightmare. 15 mins and a shower later we had the most of it cleaned up. Thank goodness I've been putting off cleaning the bathroom. It didn't make me feel as bad as if I had just finished it.

But seriously...why today?

I decided that I needed a break to regain my momentum, so I thought I'd unload (heh heh) my story into cyberspace. Too graphic? Well, I figured most of you skipped over this entry when you saw there weren't any pictures attached. And the few of you who read through all my stuff (mom, gina, lora) aren't easily shocked.

And...I do feel better now. I guess I better get back to the grind. Wish me luck.

Here we are trying to pack the twins. They just won't stay put!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! One day I'll be able to relate. Have fun driving and moving into YOUR NEW HOUSE!!!! May you survive the pooh....