Sunday, May 18, 2008

Daddy decided to spend the day with the kiddies, so what fun do you think he planned? A day at the beach? Close. There was a lot of sand/dirt. How about a day of forced child-labor. Oh yeah, that sounds more like it. Robert had two loads of dirt dropped off on our driveway and has had the kids out with him ever since. Barefoot with shovels...and those dirty kids loved every minute of it. Robert made them little forts (hey...get back to work!) and they loved jumping off of the top of the sand. Who needs parks or play-dates? I'll just have Robert work on the yard all summer.

At one point in all the digging and rolling around Ethan discovered a large rock. "It's a dragon scale!" he called out.
Austin looked up in amazement and before another word was spoken he was tripping over the sand dune to get a better look. He then reached out to touch it, closed his eyes and sang, "I wish, I wish with all my heart, to the land of dragons with all my heart." Slowly he opened his eyes, fully expecting to be in Dragonland. When he realized where he was he looked down at the supposed dragon scale with contempt and said, "It doesn't work, it's broken." So close, buddy.

I was inside when I heard Austin crying. He found me and through the tears I was able to get that he had fall down while playing hopscotch. Apparently that wasn' t enough of a description for Austin because when I repeated it to him he said, "yeah...(sniff sniff, ) I fell down like this..." and he proceeded to throw himself down right on his face so I could get the full effect. It was pretty dramatic but Austin got back up on his knees muttering, "no...no. That wasn't it...it was like this..." He stood up again and then threw himself back onto his face, only hitting his knee first. "yep...(sniff.)" rubbing his knee, "...it was like that." I love instant replay.

The little evil part in me wanted to say, "I didn't quite get that sweetie...do it again?" Hee hee.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for some good laughs, Austin!

Jim and Steph said...

yve probably would be right there with austin hoping to go to dragonland. she loves watches dragon tales, unfortunately she is not always up and ready for it at 10:30am.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember how fun it was to play in the sand??!! :)

Kami said...

Can you send some of that dirt my way? My kids would be occupied for hours too!