Here is Jason sitting in my bread basket getting weighed. The scale that Rob bought for the pinewood derby is finally getting some good use. (Rob just weighed him again a few minutes ago - and a week later- and Jason is already one pound heavier. I love good little eaters!)

Movie time.

Naomi loved hanging out with Bella. She would stand at the window every time Bella was outside and when she was in hallway, we couldn't keep Naomi away from her. Bella returned the attention with sloppy kisses all over her face. Yuck.


Here, at two weeks old, Jason decided that he would turn over from his tummy to his back. He is really good at holding up his head and throwing himself back at unexpected times. Although he is a wiggler, he is a very peaceful little baby. I keep waiting for him to find his voice. He'll give a good cry out when he is hungry or being changed, but it only lasts a few seconds and then he waits patiently for some attention. I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon enough...but I'll take it as long as we can get it.

Alaina with the guys.

Looks like he got Daddy's worry lines on his forehead.

G-ma got everything together so that the kids could all put together some gingerbread houses. They were so excited to do it and I was so happy that she had the energy to join them. (I sat and watched.) Despite having some crazy frosting that refused to stick at first, they were able to pull together some good lookin' houses. (At first there was a lot of disappointment trying to get it to work. Robert had gone out to the store for a few minutes and all we heard from Alaina the entire time he was gone was "I wish Daddy was here. He can fix ANYTHING. He is so GREAT at doing gingerbread houses. etc. etc. etc." After a while the constant praise was starting to make me and Grandma feel like chopped liver. What made it even more annoying was that as soon as Daddy came home, he WAS able to fix all the gingerbread issues. Go figure.





I did a gingerbread sign. Pretty impressive...I know.

Time for a Jason break. Awww.

Dad and Naomi. Naomi is such a happy little girl. I don't think I've ever seen a child so willing to just sit there on your lap for so long.


Ethan is a great big cousin to have. Just ask Naomi.



Rob took the kids outside and set off some fireworks to celebrate the New Year. They all look a little worried in this picture, I think. Both Ethan and Alaina were extra concerned about Porter.

After introducing Jason to his quilt, I just might have to reconsider the size. It might just be possible that I went a tad bit on the large side. (This looks like a 'where's waldo' picture.)

Ahh. That's better. I just hope he doesn't get nightmares from his stuffed dragon.

Before we knew it, vacation time was over, Grandma and Grandpa had flown back to Utah. Lora and her two made it safely back to L.A. and the kids were back in school. Robert has stayed home this last week to help me get back into some kind of routine while we've been working on getting Jason healthy again (he caught a nasty little cold that has made sleeping a bit of a challenge.) He'll head back to work next week and I will have to figure out just how to do it all again. Let's see...if I just stay up a couple more hours after Jason's 2-5 p.m. awake time I should be able to get the kids up and ready for school before I drop dead from exhaustion at 9. It's possible. :)
1 comment:
Love the pictures! Jason looks so small on the quilt!!! I think it's teenage size!
Post a Comment