Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy April Fools Day! (Ha ha! Gotcha! That was two weeks ago, silly!)

Well, we didn't do very much for the silliest day of the year. By dinnertime I was starting to feel guilty for wasting a perfectly goofy day and so I decided to mix things up when I set the table (I'm a wild a crazy girl!) I put out 5 very different kinds of spoons. A serving ladle, a baby spoon, a measuring cup, a tablespoon, and an ice-cream scoop. Next to each spoon was a number. After everyone sat down, they all picked a number from my hand and the spoon that matched their number was what they had to eat dinner with. OK. Not the most ingenious plan, but a little funny. Here they are with their spoons.
Jason thought I was clever.
Very clever, indeed.
And in other blog-worthy news...Robert made dinner. ~gasp!~ And...~dramatic pause~...he didn't make pancakes! ~jaw-drop~ (Apparently, I thought that all needed stage directions).

Anyway. When Robert decides to shake things up, he shakes things up BIG. So for dinner he decided to make homemade pizza. Why, you ask. Because princess Laina doesn't care for pizza because she believes it to be too unhealthy. (Who raised that child?!) As soon as she made that declaration, Robert responded with a enthusiastic, "Challenge accepted!" and swept Alaina off to the store to buy a million healthy options to put on a pizza. An hour later and quite a few pennies poorer, they came back and proceeded to make three very healthy, and delicious pizzas. Each kid put the final toppings on their pizza and we had quite the dinner. (for some reason, my camera turned everything a lovely shade of orange. weird.)



Jason approved.
And guess what? Princess Alaina has made the declaration, "Let them eat Pizza! ***as long as it is homemade!" Lucky us.

1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

YUM!!! I hope they make pizza when we come up. I love healthy pizza!