Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Here is a poem that Alaina wrote that I really like.

Alaina Jade   May 2015


The Weather's Out to Get Me!

The sleet was pounding heavily,

Stinging my face as I walked to school.

Determined to stop me in my path.

Never relenting.  Never stopping.

Making my path as slippery as ice.

Turning my nose and ears the color of beets.

Turning my fingers blue.

Taking away all warmth that I hid.

Hiding my destination from me.

And refusing to stop, to relent, to surrender.

When I finally get there, I smell of frozen muck.

Only to hear the patter-splat,
patter-splat,
patter-splat,
of the sleet hitting the rooftop, battering it and trying to make me suffer.

I look in my bag and realize that I need to go back and get my homework!

It's out for me, I tell you!


1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

A great poem! AND great hair!