Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Twin's Birthday Party!

Our little twinnies had a swim/lego Birthday Party.  It was a good compromise between the two of them.  I'll let you guess which kid picked which theme.  (however, if you get it wrong, you've never met Austin before.)  I let the kids invite a few friends each and before we knew it we had a gaggle of kids coming over.  I have to say, that besides making the crazy cake, it was absolutely the easiest party I have ever thrown.  The kids came and swam in the pool and jumped on the trampoline for the majority of the party.  Then Robert BBQ'd a bunch of hamburgers and hotdogs which the kids all ate OUTSIDE!  Yeah!  On the tramp, even.  (clean up was hosing off the trampoline.  Why have I never done this one before?)  Then, right before parents came, we cut the cake and passed it out.  Boom.  Party over.  The twins had a blast and the kids all loved being together, just playing.  Good choice, twinnies!

\




Besides one nasty bee sting on Laina's back...it was all a huge success.

Here is the silly lego cake I made for the kids.

 

Alaina and Austin made the utensil and paper goods holders.  So clever. 


I made three different levels, each with their own color and then cut them up into squares.  Once I mixed up the colors, I stacked them up so that the cake became a checkerboard of colors.


It turned out pretty darn cute, if I say so myself.  And I do.  :) 

1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

WOW! The cake is AWESOME!