Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sadly, the end of our trip arrived and we all enjoyed one last Utah sunset before we packed our bags and took off for home.


Robert packed up his bags as soon as we unpacked the car and jetted off for another trip.  Ethan knew that the next week was going to be a long week without Robert and the next morning I woke up when I heard Jason outside my door.  I threw open the door and Ethan was next to him and yelled out, "Go back in your room!  Look at your door!"  Weird.  I went back in and saw this crumpled piece of paper taped to my door.


This is what it said:

Good morning mom  today is Going to be a hard day   So Please Go back to sleep until I send you a text saying Get ready we are going to leave and if you don't want to go back to sleep do It for me okay.  So turn around and hop back in your comfortable bed Please.

p.s.  When emmett wakes up I will be very silent coming in and out of the Room now go to bed.   ❤️ Ethan

Well.  I just about thought that was the sweetest note that I've ever gotten.  No one told the child to do that...he just did.   So, I did exactly what he wanted.  I turned around and hopped back into bed for a little bit.   (I only thought about the fact that he couldn't text me since he doesn't have a phone for a minute or so before I turned over and fell back to sleep.)


The main reason we left Utah when we did was for Ethan.  He came back for a wonderful orchestra camp held in N. Vegas.  It was a week long camp where they learned three new songs with kids from all over vegas.  It was so impressive.  At the end of the week, they all had an performance.  (there were two other full orchestras with different levels of experience.)  Ethan thought it was very challenging but he really performed well.  The best part of the performance was that Robert was able to make it back into down and to the performance just in time.





You can see how tired he was at the end of the day.  :)


This little picture is just a free-bee.  Who doesn't need to see a picture of Jason in nautical undies?




No comments: