Friday, May 06, 2016

Happy Easter 2016!

The day Robert and my big kids drove up, I also got the little boys back!  Finally together again, I started feeling just a little bit normal.  Unfortunately, they little boys were still so sick.  Jason, especially, was just feeling terrible.  (He was still battling RSV)  Saturday morning, we all colored about a million eggs.





Craig, Scott and Jimmy came by on Saturday with their families to hide eggs and have Easter dinner.  We had a giant Easter egg hunt.  For he first wave, we hid a bunch of eggs for the three little boys, Jason, Emmett and Peter.  We had the middle kids hide those.



Look at that sad little face!



Little boys with loot.


While that egg hunt went on, the oldest grandkids, Matthew, Aaron, Maggie & the uncles all hid eggs outside for the middle kids.  We combined 4 families' collections of boiled and colored eggs, and you just can't imagine how many there were.   These kids were excited to find them!  (Thankfully the sun had come out the day before and melted most of that snow that had come.)


The hunt is on!








When their bags were full we grouped them up one last time before the sugar rush hit.  This is a picture of when we still liked our children!


Here was our view of the who spectacle.  As you can see, we were super involved.  (Hey, we did yell out a couple of clues here and there.  We aren't monsters.)  I'm still wondering just how many eggs are still out there.


After such a tough morning, the girls did a little hot-tubbing.



 The picture I should have taken, but didn't, was the picture of our entire group eating Easter dinner.  It was absolutely delicious.  Everyone brought food and mom really outdid herself.  I would have gotten that picture if I wasn't so busy stuffing my face.  In this family, you have to eat fast before the food gets devoured.   It's amazing what damage 17 grandkids can do to meal.

Happy Easter Friends!

No comments: