A couple of random last pictures from July.
While my kiddos were in California, I went with the family to Pioneer Days. We had some pretty fierce knights in our little group.
My kids miss eating their meals outside (almost as much as I miss them eating outside :)
Here is a little picture that my Mom and I took of ourselves. You'd be surprised, (or maybe not so surprised) at how many times it took us to get this little gem. We were working the timer and balancing the camera on a tower of random items. Obviously, we are very talented.
Finally, at the end of July, my stay in Utah came to an end. It was a long, busy, crazy, sometimes awesome, sometimes not-so-awesome 5 weeks. In the end, we packed our bags and went back to live in Nevada. I have to say, after all that excitement, it felt so nice to walk through our own doors.
When we got home, we were greeted, first, by the very clean house that Robert left. Aaahhh. Nice. I'm pretty sure this one deserved a "Good Job Rob!"
On top of that, we found out that Robert's friend had led a group of about 20 men from church to our house the Saturday before we got there. Robert has a white board on the wall that keeps a running tally of all the millions of things he has to get to. It's like a honey-do list on steroids. Apparently this list shocked Robert's friend into action and all these men started to attack that list. They fixed sprinklers, handles, cleaned up the back yard. They baby proofed a couple of cabinets (that one has been on the list for a very long time...so long, we probably didn't need it anymore. :) Basically they spent an entire morning checking things off his list.
I was so moved by this act of service, that it actually brought me to tears. Mostly because these lovely people from our church have been helping us out for nearly a year. Meals, rides for the kids, babysitting. Every time I've left for Utah, they've taken over my duties and eased my mind about leaving my family while taking care of my health. You'd think they'd be tired of us by now. To top it off, they keep going further than I'd ever ask anyone to go. It is so humbling to be the recipient of so much service. Sometimes I feel so small not being able to do very basic things for myself or family. I feel grateful, loved and weak at the same time. Time keeps on passing and they keep on coming to me to ask what they can do and how they can help. Fortunately, for now, I can tell them, quite honestly, how good it feels that I can actually do it myself. It's amazing how you appreciate being self-sufficient after a stretch of leaning on others. For now, I don't mind the dropping off, picking up or making dinner. These menial tasks that usually make me feel like I'm in a rut are liberating. I'm almost back to my old strength now and I'll use it until I have to go back to Utah in October. Until then, I'll most likely be in the car, coming or going somewhere with the kids.



1 comment:
A wonderful act of service! True friends!
Post a Comment