For the New Year, we got an unexpected and fantastic visit from our wonderful friends, Ben and Andrea! They were traveling between families and we got to keep them for two days. We first met the Acker family in Washington, and since then we have both moved twice. Still, we were able to see them a couple of years ago in California as we drove back from seeing our family. And now, to get this chance visit...how lucky can we get?
Andrea, Emily, Austin, Jake, Lizzie, Ethan, Alaina, Ben
Jason, Niall and Emmett
Jason loved Niall from the second he met him. He was a bit of a clingy, BFF, but Niall didn't seem to mind. We started to forget we even had these boys, since they played so well together. I think we need to find a way to make these visits just a little more frequent!
We spent our time laughing and playing games while the kids ran wild around the house. On New Years Eve, we went out into the bitter cold and lit off these absolutely insane firecrackers that Ben had found on his way here. The sparklers were as big as Emmett and the firecrackers could only be described as dangerous. Ben and Robert were in heaven. The rest of us stood well back.
These little guys braved the cold longer than expected. (or maybe longer than I wanted to. After about 15 min, Emmett and I came in and watched from the window. After Vegas, I'm a baby in cold weather.
Ah...back inside and warming up with hot chocolate. I love this gaggle of kids.
It was fast and furious but we take what we can get!
Happy New Year!





No comments:
Post a Comment