Robert turned 42!
First, my disclaimer. I lost the memory card that had Robert's birthday on it. Since we don't have any photos to prove it, let me just give you my word that we made an excellent dinner for him. We sang Happy Birthday (the extended version) and he blew out candles. It totally happened. It was awesome.
Now, I did manage to get one picture of his cake on my phone. See?
No frosting because this delicious cake is full of cranberries and has this completely-bad-for-you, buttery-vanilla sauce that coats it. It is a little slice of heaven.
The next day, I surprised Robert with a mini-trip into Atlanta. We had about 18 hours total that we could be gone, and we made the best of it.
I booked a night in this super cute...and very southern B&B. (Our room had birds painted on the ceiling, just like the birds in Cinderella.)
I then booked us a glass-blowing class which was one of the best surprises I've ever given Rob. He never saw that one coming and he LOVED it.
That night we went out to Cuban and the next morning we got up to walk around the fun old-town, newly-hip shopping area. Walking around with that many millennials was only bearable because we stopped by and got some of the best ice-cream ever. On our way out, we stopped by the birth place of Martin Luther King and would have explored the visitor's center but it was closed until about 10.
So off we went, and we got home just in time to take the family to see the primary's Christmas production It was a fast, little trip, but so fun. We were lucky that Mom and Dad were there to hold down the fort while we were gone.
Happy Birthday Good-Job-Rob!








No comments:
Post a Comment