Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Happy Halloween - 2016!!

We got a surprise visit from Mom and Dad Scribner just in time for Halloween!  When we found out that we were going to have company for our actual Halloween day, we decided to go all out with our Halloween meal.  I have to admit, it turned out pretty fun this year.  (Not as gross as last year's with our fingers-in-the-chili dinner.)  Here we are, all ready to chow down.


 Note to self:  Buy dry ice the day of the big party.  I had purchased the dry ice a few days before and when I pulled it out, 4/5th of it had evaporated.  So sad.  We had to do with what we had left.



The brain jello looked pretty awesome.


This year we went with chip and 7 layer dip being our main entree.  It's hard to see them in the back, but Alaina cut out tons of bat/ghost/pumpkin shapes out of tortillas and we baked them for our chips. 


Strawberry Jello is just too easy and tasty not to have a lot of.


The little boys are always happy we add the hot-dog mummies.




Overall, it turned out well.  I can say this because we hardly had any leftovers.  :)  It was spooktacular! 








No comments: