First day of school for my big kids. I can't believe how they've grown. Ethan is starting 8th grade. I'm pretty sure that, by then, I knew it all. Ethan concurs. He may actually know even more than 'it all.' What? It's possible. Just ask him.
The twinnies started 7th grade and although they might think they know it all...they aren't brazen enough to say it out-loud. I don't know how much time I have left before the teenage transformation overtakes their bodies and turns them into little monsters...but I'll hold on to those sweet kids as long as I can.
For my birthday, two really fun things happened. One...my wonderful in-laws came for a visit and Two...Rob took me out on the town to celebrate my big 42nd.
We had an awesome crepe dinner with all of the toppings for dinner. (Robert makes a mean crepe, if you are ever in the mood and have a couple hours to spare. 'Cause he'll make a million of them.
Here is my cake. The step-like design felt like it should be symbolic in some way. Steps up to heaven? That much closer to death? Life's milestones? We'll let you be the final judge on that one.
Robert took me to see Rob Thomas and the Counting Crows at an outside pavilion in old downtown Vegas. It was a fun, and as always, slightly disturbing place to walk around. Rob Thomas gave a really fun concert. He was super energetic and fun to watch.
The counting crows. Yeah. Well. The led singer, Adam Duritz, obviously had some issues with his chosen profession. He kept sitting down and looked to be both stoned and seriously depressed to be there. He hardly sang anything that anyone knew and kept trailing off halfway through his songs. Bummer. But we didn't let him ruin our night. (He did give a pathetic, but complete, rendition of Mr. Jones, which was a fun memory of when Robert and I were dating...so there's that...)
Here is our up-the-nose shot of the evening. I had a great evening and I'm going to say that 42 is going to be my year. I can just feel it. (And let's face it...it really doesn't have to be that amazing to be a hundred times better than 41 managed to be. What a doozie that was!) :)
So, Happy Birthday to me!







1 comment:
We were both so happy to be there for your Birthday, Christy. Although we did laugh that we had no idea who the people were in the concert you went to for your "Special Day."
We are soooo impressed with the David O. McKay School!!! If I wasn't retired, I'd be tempted to apply there for a job.
Post a Comment