This year I promised the kids a Halloween party. I thought it would be a lot of fun for them to invite their new school friends and some of their old school friends to a big bash. I was planning on having it the Saturday before Halloween. Exactly one week and two days before that party date, my kids reminded me that the weekend before Halloween, the boys would be gone to California on their big 50 miler bike ride/camp out. That meant that the only plausible time for a Halloween party would be for that very next Saturday. Since it was Thursday night when we had the conversation, that didn't leave any real time to plan or send out invitations. We did make some quick invites that night for the kids to pass out at school and I made some phone calls for the kids to some of their church friends and believe it or not, by that Saturday, we ended up with 10 kids.
I was in a sour mood, so I dressed appropriately. :)
You won't believe it, but i (gasp!) bought a bunch of our treats for the party. Lame, I know. But tasty!
We didn't get many pictures, but here are a couple of the kids dressing up mummies.
Alaina and Robert.
This was a new Halloween treat. It's called 'Halloween Salsa' and I don't know how I've never heard of it or done it before. It is so easy and so much easier to eat than a whole caramel apple. There is only one downside. If you don't eat it all, it gets a little slimy by the next day.






No comments:
Post a Comment