One sunny Friday evening, I threw the kids into the car and we went Strawberry picking. I had grabbed our Easter baskets and let the kids loose in the field. If I had been a little smarter, I might have checked the prices before we filled five giant easter baskets with strawberries. It, ahem, was rather pricey at the end.
I should say that I regretted it...but those strawberries were DELICIOUS! We ate nothing but strawberries all week. Strawberries on cereal, for lunch, on cake for dinner. We ate them plain every moment in-between. Alaina was in a fruit daze...I've never seen her so happy.
When day 5 came around, and our yummy strawberries started looking a little soft, we made yummy jam! We might have to save up until next year to do it again...but I think I might just pull out those easter baskets next time too...
(We even got strawberry ice-cream there. A true splurge. On the other hand, it saved me from buying them any dinner since the farm is about 45 min. from our house. Nobody had been fed and it was about 8 by the time we got back into the car.)
Emmett has a new favorite song. Everybody dance now by C + C Music Factory. That's right. He's retro.
The kid made me listen to it, full blast, 12 times in a row before I pulled the plug on Alexa.
The pictures aren't the best, but you can see his serious moves, right?
He told me, "I just love this part...'The music in my life!'"
It's true. He sang it loud and proud overtime it got to that part.
This kid makes me laugh so hard.









No comments:
Post a Comment