Saturday, January 24, 2026


Near the end of March we had this little problem.  Just look at this big ball of fluff.  Both Nickel and Penny were getting out of control when it came to crazy, puffy hair.  Nickel's hair was especially knotty and was starting to give a bit of a dred lock vibe.  It had started to warm up, and so we decided the best choice was to give the dogs a shave.


Robert did the honors.


Nickel had so much extra hair, that Robert made an entire extre 'Nickel.'



A few days later, I took the razor up and gave ol' Penny a cut.  I did a terrible job.  A really terrible job.  I couldn't find the longer razor gage and so I used the small one that I had.  It was way too short.  Embarrassingly, hatchet-job short.  Here is Penny in her shame, and brand new sweatshirt that she now needed to keep warm.


To make matters way worse, I also decided that Nickel needed a bit more of a cut.  Oh man.  That was also a choice I regretted as soon as I did the first cut.  The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got.  Until we were left with this pathetic creature.


Just look how ridiculous he looks!  I did that.  Sorry little pup.  Good thing hair grows back!


 

No comments: